MountCrest University College announces for the information of the general public that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants to various graduate and undergraduate programmes for:
All prospective applicants are advised to visit the MCU website and carefully read all relevant information and guidelines for prospective applicants before applying.
website www.mountcrestuniversity.com or call Registrar
- 3-YEAR POST-FIRST DEGREE LL.B. (LAW):
Applicants for the 3-year Post-First Degree LL.B. programme must be holders of a good First degree in a non-law degree subject from a recognized University.
- APPLICANTS FOR 4-YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
- FACULTY OF LAWS
- LLB Law
- FACULTY OF ARTS & SOCIAL SCIENCES
- BA Sociology
- BA Religious Studies
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL WORK
- BSW – Social Work
- SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH & HYGIENE
- BSc – Public Health/Health Services Management
- Qualifications acceptable for admissions into the 4-Year Degree Programmes include the following:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSCE/WASSCE)
- Baccalaureate (French)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- GCE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ and ‘O’ Levels
- IGCSE (Cambridge) – ‘A’ and ‘O’ Levels
- American High School Grade – Grade 12 examinations
- Other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (‘A’ Levels)
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
General Entry Requirements: To be admitted to any Degree programme, Senior High School leavers must possess at least credits (A1 – C6) in WASSCE and A – D in SSSCE in English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science (for Science related programmes) or Social Studies (for non-Science related programmes) and three elective subjects in Science for applicants applying to Science or three elective subjects in General Arts/Business for applicants applying to non-Science related disciplines, with the total aggregate not exceeding 24. For further information please visit our website www.mountcrestuniversity.com or call Registrar Tel. 0302263202/0302937219
- MATURE STUDENTS:
- Must be 25 years or above.
- Must possess Credit Passes in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognized standard.
Must pass a written examination (in English Language and Mathematics and an Aptitude Test) and a selection interview.
All applicants will be admitted to level 100.
2. SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND
MPH/MSC – PUBLIC HEALTH/HEALTH
A First Degree in any of the
Life/Physical Sciences from a recognized
University or a professional qualification.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants can purchase the application forms from the Readwide Bookshop in the Kanda Campus, Readwide Building, 12 Ablade Road, Kanda, Accra or go online and follow the instructions.
- APPLICANTS WHO MAY WISH TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE: DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION FORM, FILL AND SUBMIT IT WITH PAYMENT OF THE APPROPRIATE FEE FOR THE FORMS.
- SELECTION INTERVIEW DATES: 26TH, 27TH AND 28TH FEBRUARY, 2020.
- COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES: MONDAY, 9TH MARCH, 2020.
- MATRICULATION DATE: SATURDAY, 28TH MARCH, 2020.
Cost of application form:
Ghanaian Applicants Foreign Applicants
- LL.B. Programme – GH₵400 USD200
- BA Sociology/BA Religions – GH₵200 USD200
- BSc Public Health – GH₵300 USD200
- MSc. Public Health/Health Services – GH₵400 USD300
DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS: ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, 21ST FEBRUARY, 2020. Completed Application Forms, together with all required documents should be enclosed in a Priority EMS envelope and submitted:
BY POST TO:
MOUNTCREST UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
P.O. BOX YK 1408
BY HAND DELIVERY TO:
THE OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
MOUNTCREST UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
12 ABLADE ROAD
KANDA ESTATES, KANDA, ACCRA
For further information please visit our website www.mountcrestuniversity.com or call Registrar Tel. 0302263202/0302937219
All applicants in Ghana who will be writing WASSCE in May/June 2020 are eligible to apply.